|Amos Yadlin, Fareed Zakaria, Charles Krauthammer, Vali Nasr|
Panelists debated how the world should respond to Iran’s nuclear program. Topics included the U.S. and Israeli positions in the Middle East, the consequences of launching a war against Iran, and Iran’s influence in the region. After opening statements the panelists cross-examined each other. The audience in the hall voted on the question before and after the debate.
Amos Yadlin and Charles Krauthammer argued in favor of the question, “Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions: Be It Resolved the World Cannot Tolerate an Iran with Nuclear Weapons Capability.” Fareed Zakaria and Vali Nasr argued against.
- Rudyard Griffiths, Co-Organizer and Moderator, Aurea Foundation, Munk Debates
- Henry A. Kissinger, Secretary (Former), Department of State
- Charles Krauthammer, Columnist, Washington Post
- George J. Mitchell, Special Envoy (Former), Department of State, Middle East Peace
- Vali R. Nasr, Dean, Johns Hopkins University, Nitze School of Advanced International Studies
- Amos Yadlin, Director, Tel Aviv University, Institute for National Security Studies
- Fareed Zakaria, Host, CNN, Fareed Zakaria GPS
Be it resolved the world cannot tolerate an Iran with nuclear weapons capability. The pre-debate results was 60% Pro, 16% Undecided, 24% Con. The post-debate result was 58% Pro 42% Con. Therefore Con wins as it gained by 18%.
Source: C-SPAN: Iran's Nuclear Ambitions
Download or Play Nuclear Iran Part 2
Download or Play Nuclear Iran Part 3
Download or Play Nuclear Iran Part 4
Music includes Judith - Fools rule the world (Dance against war mix), Ozzy Osbourne - Black Rain, Coleman Hawkins - Driva Man, David Rovics - I Wanna Go Home, Stevie Wonder - Superstition, David Rovics - The War Is Over, Carly Simon - Haven't Got Time For The Pain, Charlie Parker - Embraceable You
Great Speeches and Interviews' Past Programs